Monday, January 27, 2014

Made lots of things today


Did a figurine photoshoot.  Managed to finish very quickly, since figures were already posed and prepped.  I had been meaning to do this shoot for a while, but just kept postponing for a chance to go outside.  In the meantime, figures were posed and waiting in my display case.  I finally went out for the shoot today around 3:30pm.  I forgot that in winter, this time is no longer the brightest part of the day.  Oops.  But still enough light.

Didn't want to waste my translucent polymer clay.
Made some new extenders for a Nendoroid support stand, since the original did not fit properly into Kurisu Makise's back.  I seem to notice this with a lot of my Nendoroids:  Support arms that are too big for the figurine's sockets.  Is this common with anyone else?  So, this is second time I'm starting to bake with the toaster oven, that has been given exclusively to my polymer clay projects, to protect the regular oven and food from plasticine fumes' residue.  The last time, the clay didn't seem to cure very hard.  But I needed to carve the clay after baking, so I didn't mind.  Besides, I thought it was a fluke, because the previous project was very thick.  But now, this is just a small 1/4-inch roll of clay, and it still cures kind of soft---even after increasing the baking time by almost double.  I'm beginning to wonder if that toaster oven has hot/cold spots or if I should much more drastically increase baking times, or maybe even just do multiple re-bakes.  In any case, this result is still a nice discovery.  Sometimes, I do want semi-hard cured clay, especially with some parts of figurines that need flex, like their clothes. 


Mushroom & potato sauté.

Mushroom & onion sauté.
Flour fried tofu.
Also spent too much time cooking.  I was totally going to keep it down to half an hour, but I ended up at almost 2 hours.  -_-;;;;  I blame my indecisiveness.  First it was "let's make a separate sauté for mushroom vs. potatoes", then I went ahead and mixed them, then I had more potatoes than could fit in the pan at once,...  x_x;  I couldn't just put away the potatoes; they tend to go forgotten and rotten at our house.  ~_~;  I also had to get rid of the tofu.  Sure, it's been overdue for almost a month, but it's been in the frig the whole time and it didn't smell bad.  Besides, due dates are usually just suggestions anyway.  ...At least, that's the kind of faith I was going to try with this case of tofu.  If I don't get a stomach ache tonight, I'll cook the second case tomorrow.  Too bad I forgot to photograph the tofu until it was almost all eaten.  ^.^;  But I did find a quick way to flour the tofu.  I just put a spoonful of flour at a time, into a bowl, covered it with a plate, then rolled the tofu around inside, and after a few swirls, all evenly coated.  ^-^

As nice as this is, I suspect I'm procrastinating.  I should be working on my taxes, but important things always intimidate me into paralysis.  (On top of my usual agoraphobia and social anxiety, it's not fun.)  Forgetting worries for a while is nice.  Maybe I'll make cookies tomorrow.  ...But I should work on my taxes.  Hmm...  If didn't know how unlikely it is for me to bake when I'm not procrastinating, this decision wouldn't be so tough.  LOL 
 (Seriously, I've got to stop being afraid of filing my city business taxes, just because I haven't done it before.  It's available online, so I'm sure they made sure to make it easy.  Just like the state did for state business tax filing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment