Friday, June 7, 2013

back to daily art

All those recent Real Life obligations that were denying me daily art time, are finally through.  I really missed---my self-esteem really missed that daily sense of accomplishment from doing/posting art everyday.  Now I'm back on DeviantArt.  ^-^

I didn't realize before how empty I would feel (or how much my self-esteem would suffer) without that daily sense of accomplishment from doing art everyday (or at least posting art everyday).  So it's so great to get back to it.  It's great to get back to drawing, Figure Friday Challenges, blog posting, and hopefully, I'll be able to finally draw that Masa-dragon/Yuki-tiger fancomic. 

But there are some other things on the horizon that will try to get in the way of my daily uploads.  I'll try my best to get it all done though.  Convention season is here, so I've got to make cosplay, prep for con, be away for con, and make stock for artist alley.  @~@  With the time crunch, it's crazy to think about!...  In the meantime, I've got my daily Deviant Art uploads to maintain my mind and keep my spirits up to survive it all.  ^^;

It was actually kind of scary to get back to attempting art everyday.  When I realized how out of practice I was in drawing, especially when my skill is already pretty low, made my confidence take a hit.  And then when I did my photoshoot today (my first with tripod and complex set-up, since that forced art hiatus), I was horrified at how out of practice I was.  I was fumbling with props, changing my concepts midway, and, though it was for the best, I switched my entire photoshoot location.  Right now, I very badly want to return to drawing tigers and cubs, but I'm just so afraid of what won't be able to happen, when I pick up a pencil and sketchbook.  But it's such a relief to celebrate the end of my stressful, Real Life chore, by doing anything I want.  And making things makes me happy.  And everyone's feedback is always so positive and encouraging.  I never again want to leave this habit of making something everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment