Sunday, May 5, 2013

going in circles with markers all day

Last night, I went to bed, drawing, and discovering how counter-intuitive my current arrangement for my markers was for color blending.  So when I woke up, still annoyed about it this morning, I thought it would be a simple matter to rearrange my markers.  Wrong.  (There's 4 more pages of my decision scribblings, besides the scan below.  x~x; )  Not only did I end up spending all day figuring out how to rearrange the order of my markers (Copic, Prismacolor Premier, ShinHan Art Touch, Tombow), but my drawing for my daily Deviant Art upload, gave me some problems, and was submitted late.  And it was half-done too! 
 
There shouldn't have been a reason for it to be late!  ;o;  But, the "Pearl White" (ShinHan Art Touch 109) I used for Yuki-tiger's white fur wasn't showing up against the white paper.  So I had to define that space by drawing grass around it.  But for some reason, "Dim Green" (Copic G40) wasn't showing up well on my scanner, even though I know it's been able to previously detect it.  So, I went back, several times, re-layering, trying to get just a subtle green ground.  But it just wasn't working, so I went ahead with the bolder "Apple Green" (Prismacolor Premier PM-167) over it. 
 
 

 
 
http://fav.me/d64agcw


Unfortunately, it seems that my underdrawing with the Copic marker that is undetectable by my scanner (FYR1 "Fluorescent Orange"), is made opaque, when overlapped by blues and greens.  So, the underdrawing didn't just vanish in the scanning, like my first experiment. 
Still, the other lines around Yuki-tiger's tail could be taken as the blur when his tail wags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment