Wednesday, May 8, 2013

products of procrastination ^^;

http://fav.me/d64mdhn
Maybe I'll go back and make the shadows on their pants black, instead of just dark gray.  And maybe I'll go back and darken the overall shadow from the table, too...when I get a lighter Copic gray.  ^^;

I'm surprised that this scribble didn't end up completely disasterous.  o_o 
The entire time I was drawing, I kept hearing this voice in my head about how I was so terrible at drawing humans and how this would never turn out even okay.  Actually, my insecurities were more about drawing Masamune and Yukimura.  The problem with drawing fan-art is that you usually love the characters and know they are so cool, that there's just nothing I could do to ever meet that level.  ;~;  I guess that's why I've been doing more figurine photography of them, than fan-art. 

I tried to raise my self-esteem by listening to an ongoing playlist of Wellcast.  Their tone is always very encouraging.  ^____^  I listened to all their videos while plowing through my drawing, one little scribble at a time.  ^_^  It really helped. 


 

The funny thing is that Wellcast is often about self-help against vices, like procrastination.  And yet, procrastination was exactly what drawing this fan-art was all about.  I was supposed to be sifting through my figurine photoshoot from Wondercon 2013, to choose my finalized photos.  A task so tedious, that I had been putting it off since more than a month ago.  In fact, the only reason I've been able to gradually make progress on it, is because of too many incidents of needing last-minute daily Deviant Art submission.  On those days, it seems easier to analyze the slight differences between 20 similar photos, than to start/finish a drawing within half an hour before midnight. 

Well, it looks like my last chance to tap my Wondercon 2013 photoshoot for last-minute Deviant Art submissions will be coming soon.  That's because this week's theme at Google+'s Figure Photography group is "battle".  My Wondercon photoshoot is perfect for that.  But once this week's Figure Friday challenge theme pushes me to choose all the remaining finalized photos, none will be left for reserve, in case I need last-minute Deviant Art submission. All those ready-to-post photos will be too tempting to use up quickly. 
Ah, well.  I guess that means I should start my drawing earlier in my day.  ^^;;;;

No comments:

Post a Comment