Thursday, April 18, 2013

inspiration

art journal playlist from cree82dae
I was watching this YouTube playlist of art journals and techniques, when it occurred to me that some of the websites I am on, are more my art journals than my sketchbooks. 

I've tried to create art journals and scrapbooks before, but I keep returning to digital more often:  webpages, blogs, even personal, HTML files, all in my continuing attempt to fuse my written journals and artist sketchbooks.  I've always envied those messy, experimental, mixed media art journals.  But I've recently come to accept the fact that I'm more inclined to art/crafts that require less clean-up and less set-up.  Digital is the best for that.  Even now, my bedroom floor is strewn with craft supplies that I'm too tired to clean up---And all I did was glue some sparkles on a magic wand!

Even if a physical art journal hasn't been working for me, then why make this blog?  Why not continue with my Deviant Art, my Tumblr, my Google+, and my Facebook posts?  Because they're not consolidated.  One website is for one thing, another, for another thing.  Each site has a specific audience and subject matter that I focus on.  But a real art journal should be able to be about anything and everything.  At least, I won't feel like something is my art journal until it can contain anything. 

So here goes.  ^_^  My gloriously messy, mixed "media", experimental adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment