Sunday, April 28, 2013

much needed refreshing smile

Yesterday night, I pulled an all-nighter, trying to catch a sale at Vistaprint, only to later realize that I had incorrectly designed one of the business cards I had ordered.  ~__________~;  So much for saving some money by getting 2 types of cards in 1 shipping order.  Ug.  That's gonna haunt me for a while...

So I was very happy to find a very nice DateSana fanfic on Tumblr.  "Convenience Store part 2" by DJ.  http://radiojamming.tumblr.com/post/47681077306/datesana-convenience-store-part-two
The story included one moment where Yukimura's smile was just very uplifting.  I found myself suddenly drawing, even before I had finished reading the fic.  ^^;

 
It felt very nice to doodle in pencil again.  And even better to not bother with the strain of inking my outlines.  I just went straight in with markers.  Even some of the lines that couldn't be defined by pencil alone, I just used the very tips of my Copic Sketch and my Tombow marker.  I'll say it again:  It's so relaxing to not ink my lines.  ^__^

 So I think I really like these ultra faint Copic markers with 4 zeros behind the letter.  Once the ink started to dry in the areas I had colored with E0000, it wasn't invisible, but instead, ever so subtle and faint, that any brushstrokes were nominal.  It created that nice "floating" effect I wanted.  The form wasn't made concrete by the coloring---which is something I would have had to be wary of, with darker colors.  I was afraid E0000 would be unnoticeable because it is the lightest Ecru, but it's perfect.  I really have my eye on set Ex-4 now.  Not just as a blender for darker shades, but also for safely blocking down my color decisions.  That's it.  At the next convention, if I can get set EX-4 for $60 or less ($5 per marker, 12 markers), then I'm getting it!  >u<

No comments:

Post a Comment