Monday, April 29, 2013

lengthy unfinished art & last minute substitutes

 
Today's daily upload at DeviantArt is an old photo I did at WonderCon2013.  I just didn't have time to draw today.  Aside from the fact that I was working on my professional art portfolio for most of the time, I'm in the middle of a drawing that I can't quite finish right now.
 
 
I was glad that I finally started using the source photos/books I had been gathering all this time, since I draw better with a source to sketch from.  But I just got stumped on who to draw on the right side of this Sengoku Basara fan-art.  Should it be Takeda-tiger or Sasuke-fox?  I just know that I wanted adults to watch over the little Masa-hatchling and Yuki-cub play-fighting.  I even posted this work in progress on Tumblr and Google+, asking for help and input.  But no one's really been answering.  So when I think on my own about who to draw along with Kojuuro-dragon, it might be best to draw Takeda-tiger.  I mean, an adult Kojuuro-dragon gives a good contrast to hatchling dragon Masamune.  When there's an adult right beside the youngster, it emphasizes that the creature is still young.  Researching realistic, developmental proportions may only go so far, especially if someone has never before seen how a baby alligator's snout is shorter and stout, compared to an adult crocodilian, or how a baby tiger body structures are different from an adult's.  So, it stands to reason that an adult tiger's contrast to a baby tiger, would best serve to emphasize that Yukimura is still a cub.  ...Even though, in the Sengoku Basara series, it seems that Sasuke spends more time directly watching over Yukimura.  Regardless, tomorrow, I think I'll draw Takeda-tiger. 


No comments:

Post a Comment