Sunday, April 21, 2013

love my otaku room

I just finished a post at my geek blog about how I recently rearranged my figurine collection:
http://timidotaku.blogspot.com/2013/04/figurine-nook-update.html
That type of thing always gets me staring contentedly at my room.  ^_______^  It always makes me feel so at-home, safe, and happy. 

So often, people try to get me to "minimize" my room or make it not look like a toy store, just because that's the current fashion trend in interior decorating.  But I swear, if that ever happened to me, I could never feel at-home in my own bedroom.  It would be a foreign place, where I could never relax.  As much as I loved the show Surprise by Design, I used to have nightmares that it would happen to me, and my room would be done over in pink, girly hearts and orangey disco tones.  Ug! 
Isn't a comfortable feeling the whole point of interior design?  Anyway, I usually combat such trendy complaints with the argument that the only place I've ever personally felt comfort and belonging are in libraries and being surrounded by anime/manga.  Without that, I could never feel my room was a sanctuary.  That always gets the interior design buffs, because they're all about "sanctuary spaces".  ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment